Thursday, May 28, 2015

seven months!

Now that things have calmed down on the home front(s), we've been able to dive into some important baby things! I'm working on a post all about the house, but I need to remember to upload pictures.

Most importantly, we've made it to the third and final trimester! I passed my glucose test so I'm just hoping we can continue to have a healthy pregnancy for these last 10ish weeks. This girl is moving like crazy these days. I can actually see it happening, which is a little creepy but also really awesome. In fact, I think I could actually feel the outline of her leg the other night which made me scream a little bit and freaked Payton out. She's getting so big! We are so excited to meet her and kiss her and squeeze her and share her name and dress her. I'm still having shopping problems. The only purchase Payton isn't mad at me for is the $11 changing table we bought at our favorite thrift store last weekend. He put a fresh coat of paint on it and it's the perfect addition to her nursery! Our baby shower is next weekend and I'm so excited to share this excitement with so many of my wonderful friends! And to eat cake...

We've toured two daycares already, and we are seeing two more tomorrow. It's bittersweet for me, because I've always dreamed of being a stay at home mommy. I've fully accepted that I'll be going back to work after 12 weeks at home with her, but it doesn't make it any easier. I do know that I'll cherish every single second with her in those 12 weeks, though! I am, surprisingly, getting really excited about the daycare options. Every baby in those rooms looked so happy, content, and loved by the teachers. They were so social - even the tiny ones! We're on a waitlist (yes, a waitlist for NOVEMBER) for one place that we absolutely love, but we'll see how these next two visits go. We also have our hospital tour next week!

Things are getting more and more real as the days go on, and I'm also feeling more and more pregnant. I had sciatica last week, but luckily it's gone now. My feet have outgrown all but two pairs of my sandals, and my ankles (cankles) stay swollen. I'm feeling more tired lately so I wish napping at my desk wasn't frowned upon. Also, pregnancy has given a whole new meaning to the term "rolling out of bed." I literally have to roll out of bed. But even if things just go downhill from here, I have gone seven whole months without any complications or pains or complaints and I couldn't be more thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment