I hit the 25 week mark yesterday. That just doesn't seem possible! Almost into my seventhh month and third trimester. I have been so unbelievably fortunate to have such an enjoyable pregnancy (so far), which is probably why it feels like it's gone by so quickly! I might be kicking myself here in a few weeks for saying that :)
I'm sporting quite the baby belly these days, and I love having a *very* visible reminder that I'm carrying our precious little girl. She moves the most after meals or when I drink apple juice. Payton has been able to feel her a few times, but she gave him a big old kick last weekend and it was so much fun.
Baby No Name (she really does have a name, but that's for us to know and you to find out... when she's born. Or, you can just hang out with my mother. She's let it slip a few times...) is somewhere around a pound and a half and more than a foot long this week. That is just plain weird. She has way too many clothes already, but at least I've been good to get all different sizes. I've had no self control with baby clothes or bows, but I'm getting better. I told myself at the beginning that I wouldn't be that girl, but I am. I totally am. Now I'm freaking out a little bit because I don't have anything she'll actually need! Her crib arrives at our new house today - we waited to order it so we wouldn't have to move it, and she gets to use her mommy's bedroom set that she got for her 16th birthday (thanks Grammy and Big G!), but those are the only things we have covered.
ATTENTION ALL MOMMY FRIENDS: What the heck to babies REALLY need? I would absolutely love any and all input. And, if you have recommendations of brands or products to stay away from or that I simply must have, PLEASE share! I've done a lot of research, but I know I can trust you people! I love the zipper sleeper and baby gown advice, so keep that coming!
Still sleeping well, aside from the 3:00am potty break. And supposedly I've taken up snoring. But that's debatable. Still no real cravings other than pink lemonade and pickled jalapenos, but I like juice with seltzer water. It's like a fake mimosa! I miss Jersey Mike's subs and sushi... a lot. I do believe a sub will be my first post-birth food request. That, and a Magic Hat #9. No weird symptoms, very little weight gain, no unusual mood swings. One stretch mark on my stomach. I'm telling you, I cannot complain about a dang thing. Sometimes my feet hurt after standing for a while, and they seem to be a little fatter than normal. And yesterday I peed like 47 times. That's about as bad as it's been. Everyone always asks me how I'm feeling, and when I say, "Great!" they say, "Oh, you just wait." Why? Why can't they just say, "That's wonderful!" instead of telling me how HORRIBLE it's going to be to be pregnant in the summer. I'll stay inside. Or how TERRIBLE it's going to be to have a Leo baby. Thanks, because I can change that now. And what the hell is that even supposed to mean? Or how DREADFUL it is to raise a girl. Seriously? I'm a girl... Or how AWFUL I'm going to feel any day now! So it's unheard of for someone to enjoy a pregnancy? I just appreciate the positive comments so much more now, and that's all I'm going to say.
A post on our new house coming soon! We officially move in on Saturday, with the help of some really, really awesome friends and my parents. I can't tell you how excited and grateful we are...
No comments:
Post a Comment