Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo:
http://www.celebrations.com/content/skinny-chicken-broccoli-alfredo
The oven-roasted broccoli is KEY in this dish! Here's how I do mine:
-preheat oven to 400 degrees-chop up 2-3 heads fresh broccoli
-toss with olive oil, salt & pepper (or McCormick's Vegetable Medley seasoning is great, too)
-place broccoli on rimmed baking sheet
-bake for about 10 minutes - I usually just eyeball it - and then flip broccoli so both sides brown
-bake for another 10 minutes (again, I just use my best judgement)
This is one of our favorite things to eat as a side dish as well. The flavor is awesome!
For the chicken, I pound out 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts so they are even (if you get them from Harris Teeter, 3 is too many in this dish because they are so big). I pour a little olive oil in a pan, sprinkle the chicken breasts with Camp Mix (a delicious seasoning found at the Meat House) and brown it up. I am grill challenged, so this works just as well when Payton isn't home.
Make the broccoli and the chicken before hand so they are ready to go. One of the best (and most obvious, you would think) things I've learned in my cooking adventures is to prep before you start - it makes the biggest difference.
Enjoy!
Undergraduate Research Project - Freshwater Turtle Population Study in Raleigh, NC (this is a female yellow bellied slider)
My MCGs - Senior Year
Meredith College Class of 2012 12th Night
Payton and I, Meredith College Graduation - May 6, 2012
Graduation Party - check out that cake! (Sweet Memories Bakery)
Our First Home! Garner, NC
New Car!
Employed! June 2013
Engaged! November 13, 2012 - Freeport, Bahamas
Christmas/Engagement Party at our New House - December, 2012
Future Mr. & Mrs.
Bridesmaids (minus Libby) February 2013













And this is the cutest thing I have ever read :)
ReplyDelete