Monday, April 8, 2013

monday blues

Sigh.  How is it already Monday again?  "The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest."  Ain't that the truth...

We had a great time celebrating Payton's birthday this weekend!  We went to the Pepper's ChiliBrew Festival at Koka Booth Amphitheater on Saturday with some friends.  The weather could not have been better, which was the icing on the cake.  We tasted lots of different beers and chilis - my favorite being the chili mac & cheese from  a restaurant called Relish.  I think if I had to pick a favorite beer from the day it would be the Innis & Gunn Rum Cask.  But, I can't turn my back on the local classics...  I admit I found myself at the Carolina Beer Company table for their Carolina Strawberry a few dozen times.


A decent picture of us?  Say it ain't so.

Happy happy men!


We continued the birthday celebration and went out to lunch yesterday with some of our wedding party.  Two of his guys got fitted for their tuxes, also.  They acted like it was painful, but I know they will look super snazzy come wedding day!  We ate at Taqueria del Sol and it was a disappointment.  Good queso, decent tacos, terrible service, no drink machine.  I give it a 4 out of 10.

Payton was mad that I forced him to take above picture with me since our engagement photo shoot is this week (yay!).  He said, "won't you get enough of these on Wednesday?"  He just doesn't understand, but I guess that's a boy thing.  Personally, I cannot WAIT for our engagement shoot with our WONDERFUL photographer!  I can't say enough good things about her and I am so honored that she agreed to work with us.  In my opinion, the pictures are the most important thing - next to the person you're marrying, of course!  But we all know I've got that one in the bag ;)  We decided to wait until spring to have our pictures done, so this is long overdue.  We have some fun things planned!  I really don't think Payton will hate it as much as he thinks he will... 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment