Don't get me wrong, spending that much time with your mom between the ages of 10 and 21 doesn't come without fights. My favorite fights were the ones that included the phrase, "You're too much like your father." Shout out to my daddio- we got her!
It's amazing what moving out does to a mother-daughter relationship. Sure, I only moved 10 minutes down the road, but since then we have become best friends. In fact, she's the one I usually want to hang out with on the weekends now. I couldn't wait for a free weekend so I could hang out with my friends when I was a teenager, now I can't wait for a free weekend so I can hang out with my mom. I used to get embarrassed by her loud bubbliness, but now I'm exactly like her. They say that can happen...
I could go on and on about how incredible my mom is. She is ALWAYS positive, no matter what is going on. She has been the most amazing partner in this wedding planning process. She has been supportive of every single thing I have chosen and has not once pushed anything on me. She's HELPING me plan MY wedding. I am so beyond thankful for that. Weddings can make moms crazy, but that is so far from the truth in our case. We are just having so much fun!
I really just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to the woman I strive to be like every single day. Eric and I (and now Payton) are so unbelievably lucky to have a mom as wonderful as she is. I hope I have and will continue to make her proud and I hope she always knows how much we love her!
What are the chances that she doesn't cry after reading this? :)
On another note...
Here are a few of the recipes we've made recently. All of them are absolute repeats!
Buffalo Chicken with Grilled Romaine Salad
We didn't feel like having sandwiches, so I just made the chicken breasts according to the recipe and we ate it with our favorite grilled romaine salad. I'm telling you, if you've never had grilled romaine or grilled cabbage- try it! It's easy and so, so good. You'll need:
1 package romaine hearts
Sesame Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 onion
Cut each romaine heart in half.
Drizzle each half with sesame oil and balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper.
Quarter your onion.
Throw it all on the grill until edges of romaine begin to brown and onion is soft.
Chop the romaine and the onion and toss together.
We add grape tomatoes, parmesan cheese and a little bit of salad dressing (blue cheese or balsamic vinaigrette are great on the salad - a little goes a long way). It's also great with avocado.
I also made these yummy cinnamon rolls for Payton because anything cinnamon is his favorite.
Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks
Baja Pork Tacos
3lb. pork roast
4 cans chopped green chilies
1 package taco seasoning
1 Tbsp. cumin
Cut pork roast in half and place in crock pot.
Mix chilies with taco seasoning and cumin, pour over pork.
Cook on low in crock pot for 8-10 hours.
Serve on corn or flour tortillas with your favorite taco toppings, and enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment